RUSHPCB: Precision Medical PCBs
PCBs used for medical applications should provide quality, repeatability, and reliability as stated in the ISO 13485 standards for the specifications of strength, traceability, and durability. The step-by-step procedure for the design of a PCB for medical applications is given below
- Draw the schematic- this includes determining the final details of the PCB like PCB material type and power.
- Scan and prepare the PCB layout- the drawing is scanned and uploaded onto the design software.
- Consider critical factors- examples of these factors are PIN component selection, split panes, and split panes. The silkscreen should be provided with the proper component during design.
- Ensure that there are minimal signal-to-noise ratios by proper splitting of power
- Create multiple ground layers on the PCB’s base
- Review the BOM (Bill Of Materials)
- Confirm the selection of the components and their data sheets as well
- Design an alternative component list so that if the initially chosen component doesn’t match the requirements, the 2nd option is picked
- Confirm the alternate components
- Creation of an assembly drawing- this eliminates guesses and mistakes in the assembly and fabrication process.
- Identify the test points in the design to reduce errors during the testing process
We at RUSHPCB design high-quality and efficient medical application PCBs that meet all the specifications of the customer. Please visit us today at RUSH PCB Ltd and place your quote or interact with our team of engineers.